DAS OWC ThunderBay 8, Thunderbolt 3 40Gbps, 8 khay ổ cứng, SoftRAID
Stay Ahead Of Your Storage Needs
This latest addition to the popular ThunderBay line, introduced in 2014, now offers eight drive bays for either 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch HDDs or SSDs in any combination for up to 160TB of capacity. The ThunderBay 8 is like a high-performance personal data center that offers multiple configuration options to suit ever-expanding storage needs. Photo, film and video editors can take advantage of the largest capacity desktop RAID storage solution we’ve ever offered to handle the voracious drive space appetite of RAW, 4K, large format, and VR workflows.
Need even more capacity? Daisy-chain up to six of these capacity behemoths together for up to a staggering 960TB. Now you can capture vast amounts of footage from multiple cameras or store vast libraries of production work with a unified and reliable storage solution.
Conquer High-bandwidth Demands
With up to 2,586MB/s real-world tested speeds and the ability to RAID together eight SSDs or HDDs, ThunderBay 8 has the under-the-hood horsepower needed to conquer high-bandwidth requirements. Plus, its rugged, field-tested aluminum design stands up to studio and on-location workflows. You can even configure multiple ThunderBay 8 solutions connected via multiple Thunderbolt 3 ports on your Mac or PC to achieve exponential speed increases. Take on multi-stream 4K workflows. Export and render footage with effects at full speed. Whatever your set up, when you’re racing against a deadline, ThunderBay 8 puts you in the winner’s circle.
Includes SoftRAID: Easy and Complete Drive Management
Now you can maximize disk space, get the fastest access speeds, and protect against disk failure with Plug and Play simplicity. SoftRAID’s easy setup makes it a breeze to create RAID volumes by helping you through the entire process. Just decide what you’re using your RAID volume for and how much space to allocate to it. It’s that simple to create your preference of speed and/or redundancy attributes of your data volume.
OWC enclosures ship with the XT version of SoftRAID. SoftRAID XT and Lite XT are fully featured and designed to only work with OWC solutions. Learn More
Swap And Identify Drives Easily
ThunderBay 8 makes it easy to keep large data sets organized for every project thanks to its eight hot swappable drive bays. Whether you’re using 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch HDDs and/or SSDs, the drives mount in alphabetically labeled trays for easy identification and are secured by a thumb screw. If you want to access a collection of drives quickly, you can create a drive “bullpen” with additional OWC drive trays (sold separately).
As Secure As A Bank Vault
With a locking front panel and security slot on the backside, the ThunderBay 8 is like an ironclad vault for your data. Plus, with front-panel LEDs indicating the status of each drive, you’ll know at a glance if your data is safe and secure.
See More, Do More
ThunderBay 8 isn’t just about high-capacity, high-performance storage. It’s about giving you all the options you need to work at your best. Attach a 5K Thunderbolt display or two 4K displays. Place a USB-C device at the end of a daisy chain. With an extra Thunderbolt 3 port, you have the flexibility to add more devices to your workflow and master any task at hand.
Stabilize Thunderbolt and USB-C Cables
Greatly reduce — if not eliminate — cable strain and accidental disconnects with the OWC ClingOn. These custom cable stabilizers (sold separately) screw into the enclosure to secure your Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C connections to prevent work session interruption and possible data loss.
Professional Grade = Ready To Work
We understand having confidence in gear reliability is paramount to creative professionals. That’s why every ThunderBay 8 undergoes OWC’s multi-hour “burn-in” performance certification prior to shipping. This ensures your ThunderBay 8 arrives operating properly and immediately ready for demanding use.
- (1) OWC ThunderBay 8 External Storage Enclosure
- (1) 0.7M (29″) Thunderbolt Cable
- (1) US Power Cable
- (2) Security Keys for Front Panel Lock
- (1) Quick Start Guide for OWC ThunderBay 8
- (1) Assembly Manual & User Guide for OWC ThunderBay 8
- (1) OWC SoftRAID XT Software Bundle
- (1) Quick Start Guide for OWC SoftRAID XT
- (1) Manual & User Guide for OWC SoftRAID XT
- (1) Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (1 Year Subscription)
- 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty
- Up to two 4K displays @ 60Hz,
- or one 5K display @ 60Hz
Display Support by Port
- Thunderbolt 3: Up to 5K @ 60Hz via a native Thunderbolt 3 display or 4K @ 60Hz via a Thunderbolt display or a USB-C display adapter
- DisplayPort 1.2: Up to 4K @ 60Hz
- Mac only
Hot Swap Support
- Thunderbolt: (1) Intel JHL-6540
- SATA Controller: (2) JMicron JMB-585
Data Transfer Rate (Maximum)
- Thunderbolt 3 : Up to 40 Gb/s (or 5000 MB/s)
Plug and Play
RAID Levels Supported
- RAID 0
- RAID 1
- RAID 0+1
- RAID 4
- RAID 5
- Software RAID
Contact Start Stops
- Varies depending on drive mechanism installed
Mac OS Compatibility
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 11.x Big Sur
- macOS 12.x Monterey
- macOS 13.x Ventura
PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Windows 11
- SoftRAID Only
Host Port Requirements
- Thunderbolt (USB-C) port (backward compatible with Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt1)
- SoftRAID XT works with macOS 10.12 or later and Windows 10 or later. SoftRAID is licensed per computer. The SoftRAID serial number will work with both Mac and Windows but can only be active on one computer at a time. Additional seats can be purchased. RAID 4/1+0 (10) are currently Mac only at this time.
- Internal UL-listed universal auto-switching power supply
- 90-264V, 47-63Hz, 3.5A At 115V, 1.8A At 230V
- +12V, 25A
External Power Adapter
Number of Bays
- (1) Host Port – Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) up to 40 Gb/s (5000 MB/s)
- (1) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Port
- (1) DisplayPort Port
- (1) 92mm cooling fan
- Height: 18.0 cm (7.1 in)
- Length: 24.0 cm (9.4 in)
- Width: 26.0 cm (10.2 in)
- 7.3 kg (16.14 lbs)
- CE, FCC, VCCI, RCM, BSMI
- Operating: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
- Non-Operating: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Operating: -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
- Non-Operating: -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
- Operating: 8% to 90% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Varies depending on drive mechanism installed
- Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt compatibility requires a certified Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 (mDP) adapter and a Thunderbolt 2 cable (available separately). This configuration provides data transfer at up to 20Gb/s but does not support notebook charging.
- Intel JHL-6540 chipset supports two 4K displays (4096 x 2160 30bpp @ 60 Hz) or a single 5K display.
- Dual display support, including available resolution and refresh rates, is dependent on host hardware and drivers. Apple silicon M1 Pro, M1 Max, and M1 Ultra Mac models, Apple Intel-based Mac models, and Thunderbolt 4 PCs can support up to two displays at up to 4K @ 60Hz via Thunderbolt. Apple silicon M1 and M2 Mac models can support one external display up to 4K @ 60Hz via Thunderbolt.
Chưa có đánh giá nào.